airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Registering ec2 application with app catalog
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2014 12:00:37 GMT
Hi Nipun,

I can help you with this. Ping me on gtalk - sureshmarru or Skype suresh.marru

Suresh

On Aug 4, 2014, at 7:52 AM, Nipun Udara <y.b.n.udara@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> To register ec2 applications with app catalog and to use with BetterGfacImpl i need to
add another Submission type other than the existing LOCALSubmission and SSHJobSubmission.
it look i need to change computeResourceModel.thrift and few other places. i would be greatful
if somebody can help me in doing this.

> regards
> Udara
>

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Nipun Udara <y.b.n.udara@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi suresh
>
> Thanks for the feedback. These are things i need so far
>
> nodeId
> executableLocation
> ExecutableType
> workingDirectory
> inputOutPutDirectories
> StandardError and StandardOut Directories
> CloudProvider name- for ec2 "aws-ec2"
> user account name in Node - for ec2 - "ec2-user"
>
> Perhaps all of these things can be saved with app-catalog already if so please correct
me. So far i have mainly focused on ec2. but  clearly with minimal effort we can used gfac
provider with other jclouds Providers. if we take docker, the difference is creating the computingserviceContext,
the provider name and the security details. and other things will remain same as long as the
docker node is shell accessible.

> regards
> Nipun Udara
>

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 2:35 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Nipun,
>
> Can you tell me what all information you will need to register EC2, Rackspace? Lets quickly
add it instead of you reverting to a old code.

> Which all JClouds providers did you try from https://jclouds.apache.org/reference/providers/
?

> Are you writing a generic JClouds GFac provider which will be easy to work with the above
listed jClouds providers? Taking an example, lets say docker (https://jclouds.apache.org/guides/docker/),
how much effort will be to modify your provider and docker support?

> Suresh
>
> On Jul 30, 2014, at 3:41 PM, Nipun Udara <y.b.n.udara@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have to test ec2 application registration with app catalog, and i have look at
the BetterGFacImpl and seems app-catalog intergration doenot support ec2.