airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Eroma Abeysinghe <eroma.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Restricting editing and launching FAILED experiments
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 19:58:46 GMT
Hi Devs,

Please share your views on below. In Airavata currently we can edit and
launch FAILED experiments; option is there through PHP gateway.

Editing and launching FAILED experiments through PHP reference gateway
Currently we can edit and launch experiments with FAILED state. This can
create complications which can be eliminated by blocking editing and
launching FAILED experiments.

If we allow editing and launch for FAILED; then we need to have a way of
displaying results of every attempt made on the experiment, store the
partial outputs, error messages and job info on each try. etc....

User can easily clone a failed experiment and create a new experiment.
So WDYT? shall we restrict Edit and launch for FAILED experiments?

--
Thank You,
Best Regards,