airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Experiment Cancellation
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 06:57:51 GMT
Hi All,

I have few concerns about experiment cancellation. When we want to cancel
and experiment we have to run a particular command in the computing
resource. Based on the computing resource different resources show the job
status of the cancelled jobs in a different way. Ex: trestles shows the
cancelled jobs as completed, some other machines show it as as cancelled,
some might show it as failed.

I think we should replicated this information in the JobDetails object as
the Job status and make sure the Experiments and Task statuses as
cancelled. The other approach is when we cancel we explicitly make all the
states in the experiment model (experiments,tasks,job states as cancelled)
as cancelled and manually handle the state we get from the computing
resource.

My concerns should we really hide that information shown in the computing
resource from the Job status we are storing in to the registry ? or leave
it as it is and handle other statuses to represent the cancelled
experiments ? If we make everything cancel there will be inconsistency in
the JobStatus.

WDYT ?

Lahiru

--