airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Status Update
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 04:03:31 GMT
Hi Nadeem,

I tested these changes and worked as you describe below. The ability to execute without the
I/O nodes should make quick start tutorials easier. Nice work in figuring out the nitty gritty
details of XBaya UI.

Suresh

On Aug 19, 2014, at 5:38 PM, Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> I have added a new menu for launching applications, restoring the previous functionality
of "Run on Interpreter Server" menu option for workflows. I have also made creation of workflows
optional for launching single applications i.e. user can just drag drop the application and
execute it, without the need of adding and connecting input and output nodes. Application
execution also works if input output nodes are added.

> In order to test, the following steps can be followed:
> 1. Setup Airavata Registry
> 2. Drag and drop just the application (adding input and output nodes are optional)
> 3. From the Menu, "Run Applications", Select "Execute Application"
> 4. Enter Experiment Name, Input Value(s), Select Host and click on Run.
>
> Thanks,
> Nadeem.
>

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Nadeem,
>
> Good job with getting this wrapped into XBaya in a simple way. As I commented on the
PR, we need to preserve workflow executions and then add simple applications. Can you please
add a new menu to facilitate this?

> Also, it will be great if we can by pass workflow creation (even if its a single application
drag drop) and instead launch experiments in a simple pop up. Selecting application, and then
configure inputs and then launch. You got all the backend right, just UI improvements will
make this complete.

> Suresh
>
> On Aug 16, 2014, at 9:21 PM, Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Devs,
> >
> > I have updated xbaya, so that we can execute a single application through the thrift
api. I have created a pull request for the same [1]. I have tested the code with echo application
on gw111.iu.xsede.org.