airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Experiment log messages to different log files
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 14:53:49 GMT
I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to create a separate log file
for each experiment.  We current direct everything to airavata.log and
airavata-server.out. As a consequence, log entries for different
submissions get interleaved, which makes tracing a particular
experiment's life cycle difficult.

Note there is a 32,000 file limit per directory in Linux by default
(unless my knowledge is obsolete), so we'd need to take this into account.

Alternatively, we could do a better job of labeling the entries in
airavata.log so that it was clear which experiment is associated with
the entry.

Other suggestions?

Marlon