airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Contributing the code
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:46:24 GMT
Hi Supun,

Yes please, for now just create a new module in top level and submit a patch. We need to integrate
it soon, hoping you will hang in after gsoc and lead those discussions.

When you take a patch, make sure your commits are preserved, so your contributions are recognized.

Suresh

On Aug 26, 2014, at 1:42 PM, Supun Nakandala <supun.nakandala@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> I don't have a ICLA.
>
> The code I developed is a new implementation. It does not have any code level relation
to the current Airavata code base. Is it ok if I put it in the top level directory of the
Airavata code base and take patch?

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:57 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Supun et al,
>
> I forgot to clarify one thing in this document (which I will do), if there is a ICLA
on file, we can use the github pull request branch approach.

> If you do not have a ICLA on file, we still require you to submit patches to JIRA so
the contributions to apache are explicit.

at the website - http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html under Unlisted CLAs.