airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] delete dead branches
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:03:34 GMT
Hi All,

As a good practice to keep our source tree clean, how about we remove all non-active branches?
We should leave all the tags for reference, but it might be a good idea to not have branches
where there is no active development nor we are supporting them.

After we move to semantic versioning (beyond 1.0), if a version of Airavata is being used
in production, we should make periodic releases from that branch with a minor increment. But
otherwise we should either support or abandon branches. Tags are forever immutable references.

Thoughts?

If we have a consensus, I suggest deleting the following branches:
0.1-incubating
0.2-incubating
0.3-incubating-snapshot
0.4-incubating
0.5
airavata-0.7
airavata-0.8-maintenance-branch
temp

I am unsure of 0.11-JGlobus2.1-rc  branch (unless some one can confirm deletion of this, I
will leave this one alone).

Suresh