airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: "Getting Started" information
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 21:39:02 GMT
Thanks, Scott.  Sachith, can you fix your links? I rearranged the wiki
and may be to blame.

I'd like to hear from other GSOC students. What were some useful
resources for you to get started? What could we do to improve this?

Marlon

On 7/9/14, 5:35 PM, McCaulay, D Scott wrote:
> All,
>
>                  There is some great introductory information available for those of
us working with Airavata for the first time, but useful information may be in multiple places,
and some of what you can find by searching the web is not up to date.

>                  For example, this is a great checklist, and still relevant, but some
links are no longer working (though you can find the documents by searching).
>                  http://sachithdhanushka.blogspot.com/2013/12/apache-airavata-how-to-start.html
>
>                  This is great introductory material, but for a complete novice, the
"Eclipse preparation" section for example could be expanded to its own section.
>                  https://airavata.apache.org/development/build.html
>
>                  Is there any interest in a new "getting started" document geared toward
a first-time Airavata developer?  What do people think?