airavata-dev mailing list archives

From K Yoshimoto <kenn...@sdsc.edu>
Subject Re: [SciGaP-Dev] CIPRES-Airavata integration proposal]
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 19:19:05 GMT

I launched a test experiment yesterday, but it hasn't changed from
LAUNCHED status.  Should it go into running fairly quickly?

php getExperimentStatus.php kennethexp1_5497b1a2-721e-4690-9e4c-e0f24693c5c1
experiment status = LAUNCHED

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 06:03:12AM -0400, Marlon Pierce wrote:
> He'll still need his classpath set properly to run them from the command
> line.  Do we have instructions for this?
>
> Also, the lowest level pom.xml file is
> airavata/airavata-api//airavata-client-sdks/java-client-samples/pom.xml
> so that is where to run "mvn clean install" if recompiling after making
> changes.
>
> Or use an IDE to manage recompiles, I guess.
>
> Marlon
>
> On 7/9/14, 9:01 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> >Hi Kenneth,
> >
> >Airavata uses Maven as the build system. Once you checkout Airavata, you
> >should be able to build "mvn clean install -DskipTests=true -f
> >airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks/java-client-samples/pom.xml"
> >
> >If you are building from git master, you may need to build the whole of
> >airavata repo. Alternatively, users are provided with binaries. And
> >changes to samples with release versions can be build without having to
> >build the whole repo.
> >
> >As an example, if you modify samples within
> >https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/airavata-0.12 you can just go to
> >airavata/airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks/java-client-samples/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/client/samples
and build just the changed samples by running mvn clean install -DskipTests=true.

> >Long story short, release artifacts are published to maven central, so
> >building a module will pull the artifacts from maven central repo -
> >http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Capache%20airavata
> >
> >Suresh
> >

> >On Jul 9, 2014, at 7:38 PM, K Yoshimoto <kenneth@sdsc.edu> wrote:
> >
> >>Another question:  is there a Makefile for the java examples?
> >>
> >>airavata/airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks/java-client-samples/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/client/samples

Monday.

 At
README), may