airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: credential store support for public/private key
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:55:12 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

I only know conceptually what it should do and never looked into code. I thought there was
a deployment of this feature on IU CyberGateway. If generation is a not working as expected,
how about by-passing it and storing externally generated key-pairs and moving forward? I wonder
if retrieval works well.

This reminds me of the feature categories [1], we seriously should consider it. If there is
no test case which can run with the build or through a profile, then we bump down and consider
it a non-verified feature?

Suresh
[1] - http://airavata.markmail.org/thread/3oelmt5j4ehbiq4r

On Jul 4, 2014, at 10:28 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Anyone tested this feature in airavata ? I wrote a test case and its not working and
giving me NPEs, I am just curious whether anyone tested this code before committing. When
I look at the code there is no way this is working but I just want to make sure I am using
right code.

> Code like below will not work,
>
> SSHCredentialGenerator.generateCredential
>
>  kpair.writePrivateKey(fileName,generateHash(tokenId,password).getBytes());
>
> And here is how generateHash function looks like,
>
> private String generateHash(String tokenId, String password) {
> 		// TODO: Hash the password generated and return it
> 		return null;
> 	}
>
> What I am trying to do is write a test case and try to save a generated key pair to credential
store (hosted one in gw111) and this operation will return me the public-key, and I will copy
that to BRII and then try to get the token back from the token Id used to store the keypair.

> If anyone tested this code please give me some information, if this never worked I can
look in to this in a different way rather assuming this is a working code.