airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Clarification about OutputUtils.java
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:04:31 GMT
You can debug the following call in the output handler or LocalProvider code. This is the method
to persist the outputs to registry. If you face difficulty, share details about your application
description and i can try to debug it.

registry.add(ChildDataType.EXPERIMENT_OUTPUT, outputArray, jobExecutionContext.getExperimentID());

Thanks
Raminder

On Jun 17, 2014, at 9:56 AM, Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found out I needed to change name outputParamType to "StdOut" from "stdout".
>
> Now the results are retrieved without any exception, but even though outputArray [1]
has value:

> [DataObjectType(key:output1, value:{"hi":"align executable","computation":"sqrt( abs(
input1 * input2 ) )","output1":0}
> , type:STDOUT)]
>
> the result returned by php-sdk's method getOutput has value as ""
>

> key: "output1"
>
> metaData: null
>
> type: 0
>
> value: ""
>

> [1]: https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/c83330e98aecfd7d60865d69d1450faf759670d7/modules/gfac/gfac-core/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/gfac/core/utils/OutputUtils.java#l61
>

> I am not sure where something is going wrong.
>

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
> output content has to be properly matched with output names, As far as I can see your
output name is output1 and output has to be like below

> output1=whatever output you have (file path or string content or some primitive type
values

> this approach is helpful when you have multiple output types dealing with workflows.
>

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If have registered an application (a genapp module) on my local airavata server. The
experiment completes successfully but an exception is thrown while retrieving the results.

> ERROR org.apache.airavata.gfac.core.provider.GFacProviderException  - Error in retrieving
results
> java.lang.Exception: Data for the output parameter 'output1' was not found
> 	at org.apache.airavata.gfac.core.utils.OutputUtils.parseStdout(OutputUtils.java:137)
>

> The output is created as expected in the scratch working directory, in the file alignApp2.stdout.
I just need to retrieve the output as it is created.

> I am not really sure on what parseStdout function in OutputUtils.java [1] is attempting
to do by Pattern Matching (which is causing this exception as no match is found).