airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject App Catalog Conceptual overview
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2014 20:37:49 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to describe app catalog from a high level conceptual perspective. A full E-R diagram
explains in better, but I just want to provide a 5 minute overview of how Airavata manages
applications without going into details. I tried to use this [1] paper as a reference to represent.

I have started on a document describing the relations between various models, but since this
is important enough for all of us to embrace, I want to try an experiment. Please look at
the document [2] and reply back on what you are understanding. That way we had every one think
through for a while, and I will keep answering questions/comments. Also critique as you go
along.

Can any one take a first stab at describing the figure at - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Airavata+Application+Catalog

Suresh

[1] - http://torlone.dia.uniroma3.it/pubs/idea03.pdf