airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling Workflow Support through Orchestrator
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 23:56:03 GMT
In order to distinguish single application vs workflow execution in the API
we thought of few choices (trivial parameters not shown here and proposed
parameter/property names not well thought out yet).

*Choice 1*
launchExperiment(Experiment experiment)
struct Experiment{
   string executableId // application id for single app or workflow
template id for workflow
   ExecType type // SINGLE_APP/WORKFLOW
}

*Choice 2*
launchExperiment(Experiment experiment)
struct Experiment{
   string executableId // unique id for application id for single app or
workflow template id for workflow
}

*Choice 3*
launchApplication(Experiment experiment)
launchWorkflow(Experiment experiment)

launchExperiment(Experiment experiment)
struct Experiment{
   string executableId // application id for single app or workflow
template id for workflow
}

Any thoughts?