airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZK work is committed
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 19:32:50 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to leave this as it is until we come closer to the release,
because then there is no option other than using in this mode and everybody
will do their testing with this setup and its little bit closer to
production deployment. So we will automatically test the integration of ZK
in a good setup rather using embedded ZK. Once we come close to the release
I can do that embedded mode thing with enough time to test it which is less
important.

But I would like to ask developers to setup a ZK cluster and start
orchestrator+api-server in one jvm and start multipe-gfac instances as
separate jvms. There will not be any burden with this setup unless you are
working on gfac or gfac dependent component.  Unless you restart your
machine(which we hardly do) once you start ZK server you don't have to
worry about ZK at all. It runs continuously without any issue when the
machine go to sleep and start.

WDYT ?

--
System Analyst Programmer