airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Supun Nakandala <supun.nakand...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing a API for user management in Airavata
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 06:15:33 GMT
Hi All,

I am planning to implement the $subject which is part of my GSoC work. The
motivation for implementing such API is to provide basic user management
functions for gateways who does handle user management and wants Airavata
to handle them.

This proxy API will be backed by WSO2 IS. WSO2 IS provides a vast range of
user management functions and I think we don't need most of those
functionalities to be implemented in the proxy API.

I found several user management requirements from PHP-Referenece-Gateway.
They are
   -> username_exists($username) : checks whether the given username
already exists
   -> authenticate($username, $password) : checks the user is valid
   -> add_user($username, $password) : creates a new user

I'm in the process of making a list of the required user management
functionalities from the API. I would like to know what other fucntionality
is required from this proxy API.

Thank you
Supun