airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Gagan Juneja <gagandeepjun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 15:29:22 GMT
Yes this is configurable. A very nice comparison on all available thirft
Java servers can be found at [1].

I am not very much sure about the number of concurrent users our system
supposed to cater But the only thing is TThreadPoolServer uses one thread
per user request and keep it tied to that request until the request is
closed. So let's say if at a time there are 1000 users
then TThreadPoolServer need 1000 threads from the pool otherwise will be
waiting for the threads to get released.

TThreadedSelectorServer is always a safe choice with some latency and
throughput hit.

Regards,
Gagan

[1] https://github.com/m1ch1/mapkeeper/wiki/Thrift-Java-Servers-Compared