airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminderjeet Singh <rami...@indiana.edu>
Subject Re: ec2 input types
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 04:12:36 GMT
Hi Nipun,

S3 [1] is the storage service provided by Amazon and it provide persistent
storage for input/output data. There are Amazon API's provided to develop
clients[2]. To add S3 input/output type in Airavata, you need to change
gfac schema and also thrift model. These 2 places will be merged to one in
0.13 release. They you can expect client to set input as S3 type and you
need to add handlers to upload and download the data from S3.

Thanks
Raminder

1. http://aws.amazon.com/s3/
2.