airavata-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Clarification about OutputUtils.java
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:14:22 GMT
I figured it the problem was because I was'nt waiting sufficiently long for
the experiment to be completed. I am getting the expected results now.


On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I will try debugging registry.add call.
>
> Even the SimpleEcho2 experiment (which is there in the
> createExperiment.php of php-sdk) return output value as ""
>
> {
>     ["key"]=>
>     string(11) "echo_output"
>     ["value"]=>
>     string(0) ""
>     ["type"]=>
>     int(0)
>     ["metaData"]=>
>     NULL
>   }
>
> Is that the expected output of SimpleEcho2?
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You can debug the following call in the output handler or LocalProvider
>> code. This is the method to persist the outputs to registry. If you face
>> difficulty, share details about your application description and i can try
>> to debug it.
>>
>> registry.add(ChildDataType.EXPERIMENT_OUTPUT, outputArray,
>> jobExecutionContext.getExperimentID());
>>
>> Thanks
>> Raminder
>>
>>
>> On Jun 17, 2014, at 9:56 AM, Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I found out I needed to change name outputParamType to "StdOut" from
>> "stdout".
>>
>> Now the results are retrieved without any exception, but even though
>> outputArray [1] has value:
>>
>> [DataObjectType(key:output1, value:{"hi":"align
>> executable","computation":"sqrt( abs( input1 * input2 ) )","output1":0}
>> , type:STDOUT)]
>>
>> the result returned by php-sdk's method getOutput has value as ""
>>
>>
>>
>>    1. key: "output1"
>>    2. metaData: null
>>    3. type: 0
>>    4. value: ""
>>
>>
>> [1]:
>> https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/c83330e98aecfd7d60865d69d1450faf759670d7/modules/gfac/gfac-core/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/gfac/core/utils/OutputUtils.java#l61
>>
>> I am not sure where something is going wrong.
>>
>>
>>    1.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> output content has to be properly matched with output names, As far as I
>>> can see your output name is output1 and output has to be like below
>>>
>>> output1=whatever output you have (file path or string content or some
>>> primitive type values
>>>
>>>
>>> this approach is helpful when you have multiple output types dealing
>>> with workflows.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> If have registered an application (a genapp module) on my local
>>>> airavata server. The experiment completes successfully but an exception is
>>>> thrown while retrieving the results.
>>>>
>>>> ERROR org.apache.airavata.gfac.core.provider.GFacProviderException  -
>>>> Error in retrieving results
>>>> java.lang.Exception: Data for the output parameter 'output1' was not
>>>> found
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.airavata.gfac.core.utils.OutputUtils.parseStdout(OutputUtils.java:137)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> The output is created as expected in the scratch working directory, in
>>>> the file alignApp2.stdout. I just need to retrieve the output as it is
>>>> created.
>>>>
>>>> I am not really sure on what parseStdout function in OutputUtils.java
>>>> [1] is attempting to do by Pattern Matching (which is causing this
>>>> exception as no match is found).
>>>>
>>>> I will be grateful if someone can clarify this.
>>>>
>>>> [1]:
>>>> https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/c83330e98aecfd7d60865d69d1450faf759670d7/modules/gfac/gfac-core/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/gfac/core/utils/OutputUtils.java#l87
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Nadeem.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> System Analyst Programmer
>>> PTI Lab
>>> Indiana University
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message