airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Reagan, David Michael" <dmrea...@iu.edu>
Subject RE: [GSoC] Status Update
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 18:41:21 GMT
Thanks for the clarification, Supun. Let me see if I understand things correctly:

-          The gateway will authenticate with the userAPI using credentials stored in a config
file (via adminLogin)

-          Once authenticated, the userAPI will replace the PHP-Reference-Gateway’s id_utilities
interface for authenticating/adding/etc users

So the gateway itself is an admin, but how can an individual user become an admin?

When an admin user logs in to the gateway, how will the gateway know the user is an admin?
Perhaps like this:

-          The user authenticates in the normal login page, and both authenticateUser and
adminLogin functions are called.

o   If authenticateUser returns true, the user is logged in (setting the username and logged_in
session variables)

o   If adminLogin returns the token, the user is logged in with admin priviledges (probably
by storing the token in a session variable). If no token is returned, the session variable
remains null and the user is treated as a standard user.

Does that sound correct?

Dave