airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Reagan, David Michael" <dmrea...@iu.edu>
Subject RE: PHP-Reference-Gateway | Queries
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 16:28:36 GMT
These are valid points. I’ll create and handle JIRA issues for 1 and 2. I’ll defer to someone
else about 3.

Dave

From: Gagan Juneja [mailto:gagandeepjuneja@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 1:05 PM
To: dev@airavata.apache.org
Subject: PHP-Reference-Gateway | Queries

Hi Team,
I was just exploring how are we creating clients in reference gateway project. I have couple
of observations which I would like to share and know your inputs on that. I am not much familiar
with PHP may be these observations doesn't make sense in that context,
1. I found that in utilities.php where client connection is being created. We don't have any
exception handling code.
2. I did not find any where closing socket to server once operation is done and on every operation
we are creating new socket. Though I found at some places code to close socket is commented.
I samples project its there but that too without exception handling.
3. Shouldn't we create any client pool sort of thing to limit the number of sockets?

Regards,
Gagan