airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Reagan, David Michael" <dmrea...@iu.edu>
Subject RE: PHP-Reference-Gateway | Query
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 20:44:32 GMT
Hi, Gagan. I’m not sure how the API handles a null search query, but I purposefully chose
to make the field mandatory in the gateway. Maybe it’s just me, but I find it strange that
it would return everything when you search for nothing.

If it behaved as you describe, the page would list all of the experiments/projects owned by
that user. Presently, that functionality is performed by the Browse page. Perhaps it would
make sense to eliminate the Browse page, and just use search for everything. I would be OK
with that, but I would advocate for the user having to enter a wildcard character like ‘*’
instead of accepting an empty string.

Dave

From: Gagan Juneja [mailto:gagandeepjuneja@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 1:41 PM
To: dev@airavata.apache.org
Subject: PHP-Reference-Gateway | Query

Hi Team,
I am playing with the PHP version deployed of Airavata API (http://gw120.iu.xsede.org/PHP-Reference-Gateway/search_projects.php).
While doing search for an experiment or a project the search keyword (based on the criteria
I selected) is mandatory field. Which In my opinion should not be mandatory and should return
all possible results for that category.

Is there any specific reason behind making this field mandatory?

Regards,
Gagan