airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.12 - RC2
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:45:26 GMT
I verified all the signatures and checksums. Unpacked all the tars and
zips to make sure they were OK. I built the source code from scratch
with all tests. All of this was good.

I did see one annoyance: the PHP client .tar.gz and .zip distributions
unpack in the current directory:

149-160-240-102:Airavata-0.12 mpierce$ tar -ztf
apache-airavata-client-php-sdk-0.12-bin.tar.gz
RELEASE_NOTES
lib/Airavata/
lib/Thrift/
INSTALL
lib/AiravataClientFactory.php
LICENSE
NOTICE
README
conf/airavata-client.properties
conf/log4j.properties

Is this intended?

Marlon

On 6/24/14, 12:35 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.12-RC2 release candidate.
>
> If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating the release, please
>
> Note: This release is a developer oriented release. Users are highly encouraged to try
using this release and provide feedback. But this release is a milestone in finishing up the
thrift based API. Expect subsequent releases to happen rapidly as thrift API’s are made
more robust.