airavata-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: Airavata 0.12 discussion
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 18:52:42 GMT
+ 1 for RC.

On 6/13/14, 2:48 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I took a pull yesterday evening (seems current as of now) and started the release preparation.
I see we can cut the release as is. Any objections for me doing a RC this weekend?
>
> Suresh
>
> On Jun 11, 2014, at 10:10 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>
>> I think this is fine if the release notes should clearly state the
>> tested, supported features.
>>
>> Marlon
>>
>> On 6/11/14 10:08 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
>>> If we want to do the release sooner we can ignore untested features and
>>> proceed with the release.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>>> And now it is June 11th.  Are there any objections to starting the
>>>> release process?  I would like to get back to our usual release policy
>>>> of frequent releases.
>>>>
>>>> Marlon
>>>>
>>>> On 5/19/14 4:00 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
>>>>> Hi Marlon,
>>>>>
>>>>> Good lists of targets and thoughts. I do  not have a strong opinion on
>>>> any one, but thinking out, I am favoring June 11th target. It is not idea
>>>> to delay but we have gone on this is exception path of too long, atleast
>>>> better to finish it on a good note.
>>>>> How about we target June 11th for a development freeze of current
>>>> capabilities and release 0.12. And we follow up 3+ weeks later with a 0.13
>>>> release on July 9th? And focus on 0.13 on no new features or code additions
>>>> but a rigorous testing on 0.12 and make a bug fix release?
>>>>> What ever dates we all agree upon, lets set them in stone and sprint
>>>> towards them (atleast for 0.12 and 0.13 and get back to rhythm).
>>>>> Suresh
>>>>>
>>>>> On May 15, 2014, at 10:57 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> We've delayed the 0.12 release for some months because it represents
a
>>>>>> significant change (using Apache Thrift for the API, a reimplementation
>>>>>> of the Registry, the initial design of the Application Catalog).
>>>>>> Significant testing  of the Thrift API has exposed lots of problems,
but
>>>>>> we are resolving them and making progress.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It is time to begin thinking about a release again, and I'd like
to see
>>>>>> us get back into our release stride.  Possible release dates to target:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> * May 28th: the Application Catalog won't be ready but we can work
>>>>>> around this. This may be too soon, however, and some of us have external
>>>>>> constraints (a tutorial at CCGrid 2014).  Putting together the release
>>>>>> would be distracting.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> * June 4th: preliminary application catalog should be in better shape,
>>>>>> release in general should be in better shape, and we will have put
it
>>>>>> through some pretty rigorous testing.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> * June 11th: Code will be in even better shape, but it is not our
>>>>>> release philosophy to delay.  I'd like to get back into the release
>>>>>> stride as soon as possible.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thoughts?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Marlon
>>>>>>


Mime
View raw message