airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Emre Brookes <e...@biochem.uthscsa.edu>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Status Update
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 11:13:46 GMT
Nadeem Anjum wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have almost been able to complete the implementation to enable
> GenApp submit jobs to Airavata, while assuming that the modules are
> already registered (i.e. by doing the registration manually). I am
> currently stuck at an issue (hence "almost") related to passing json
> input to the application in the proper format, for which I have
> started a discussion on the mailing list [1] (and still looking for a
> solution)
>
> My next step, after solving the above issue, would be to automate the
> process of registering the genapp modules.
>
> [1]:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/airavata-dev/201406.mbox/%3CCACZTvVv1SF0wW4Dwjs6CkDAPYAYHofhPsg06eBojc6xrR8yr5A%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Thanks,
> Nadeem.
Hi Nadeem,

Nice to hear that you are getting close to working Airavata job submission.

On the issue with getting correct format JSON passed, I had a similar
issue when implementing the "ssh" type resource
(i.e. running via ssh on a compute node instead of on the webserver's
localhost)
I couldn't find a quick solution without creating a file (although there
may be a solution that doesn't require it),
so I created a file "_args" containing the JSON and then the argument
became "$(< $dir/_args )"
You will see my "ssh" resource code in base.php controlled by the flag
$fileargs
Possibly this may also work in the Airavata submission case.

Thanks,
Emre