airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.12 - RC2
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 21:02:18 GMT
This is not intended. On the website downloads, I was planning to write a note on roadmap for
these client SDK’s. Something like:

* Airavata 0.12 bundles client SDK’s but are a preliminary version.

* Airavata 0.13 will bundle client SDK’s which are well packaged and have exception handling
and test cases built in.

* Airavata 0.14 will consider distributing client SDK’s through appropriate programming
language distributions like Maven for Java, PEAR for PHP, Perl CPAN.

Suresh

On Jun 24, 2014, at 4:45 PM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:

> I verified all the signatures and checksums. Unpacked all the tars and zips to make sure
they were OK. I built the source code from scratch with all tests. All of this was good.

> I did see one annoyance: the PHP client .tar.gz and .zip distributions unpack in the
current directory:

> 149-160-240-102:Airavata-0.12 mpierce$ tar -ztf apache-airavata-client-php-sdk-0.12-bin.tar.gz
> RELEASE_NOTES
> lib/Airavata/
> lib/Thrift/
> INSTALL
> lib/AiravataClientFactory.php
> LICENSE
> NOTICE
> README
> conf/airavata-client.properties
> conf/log4j.properties
>
> Is this intended?
>
> Marlon
>
> On 6/24/14, 12:35 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.12-RC2 release candidate.
>>
>> If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating the release,
please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release, please post your vote to the VOTE
thread.

>> Note: This release is a developer oriented release. Users are highly encouraged to
try using this release and provide feedback. But this release is a milestone in finishing
up the thrift based API. Expect subsequent releases to happen rapidly as thrift API’s are
made more robust.