airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enabling Workflow Support through Orchestrator
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 23:58:04 GMT
Hi Saminda,

This looks like a good plan. The way I am interpreting Node and Task in experiment is Node
is more like an Abstract object and Task is interface like object. More preciously, a gateway
might request run experiment and Orchestrator might decide to use brute-force scheduling and
create 3 tasks on three machines. If this is correct:

* I think we need to rename the Node to something more descriptive - (this has been inherited
from workflow terminology which may not apply)

* I think the node in a workflow should also call the same abstract method (currently launch
experiment).

Suresh

On Jun 23, 2014, at 7:30 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> With a few updates to the Orchestrator CPI we are carrying ahead the updating the workflow
interpreter to support workflow executions in Airavata for 0.13 release as the attached diagram.