airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.12 - RC2
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2014 00:46:20 GMT
Good catches Saminda. I will fixed these. Since it was only missing in the staging location,
I added the signature and we are good now.

Suresh

On Jun 27, 2014, at 8:24 AM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> Following release verifications were carried-out.
>
> Verified the signatures of all artifacts except "apache-airavata-client-php-sdk-0.12-bin.tar.gz"
which was missing the signature file
> Verified the existence of LICENSE and NOTICE files in all distributions.
>
> Ran the java samples in the "apache-airavata-client-0.12-bin.zip" successfully.
> Did not test the php samples
>
> Sourch pack was built with a clean maven repo with tests successfully.
> Airavata 0.12 tag seems to be still in RC1. This should be updated.
>

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
> I am +1 for the release, pending deeper testing by others.
>
> Marlon
>

> On 6/24/14, 4:45 PM, Marlon Pierce wrote:
> I verified all the signatures and checksums. Unpacked all the tars and zips to make sure
they were OK. I built the source code from scratch with all tests. All of this was good.

> I did see one annoyance: the PHP client .tar.gz and .zip distributions unpack in the
current directory:

> 149-160-240-102:Airavata-0.12 mpierce$ tar -ztf apache-airavata-client-php-sdk-0.12-bin.tar.gz
> RELEASE_NOTES
> lib/Airavata/
> lib/Thrift/
> INSTALL
> lib/AiravataClientFactory.php
> LICENSE
> NOTICE
> README
> conf/airavata-client.properties
> conf/log4j.properties
>
> Is this intended?
>
> Marlon
>
> On 6/24/14, 12:35 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.12-RC2 release candidate.
>
> If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating the release, please
>
> Note: This release is a developer oriented release. Users are highly encouraged to try
using this release and provide feedback. But this release is a milestone in finishing up the
thrift based API. Expect subsequent releases to happen rapidly as thrift API’s are made
more robust.