airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sachith Withana <swsach...@gmail.com>
Subject Workflow handling in the Application Catalog
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 08:15:21 GMT
Hi all,

When designing the Application Catalog for single Applications, I ran into
the issue of supporting workflows in the Application Catalog.

Should we store the workflows ( workflow files) and keep ids, which would
be the handles for those workflows?

We would have to keep track of the applications that are in that workflow
so that the deployment related data would be reused.

Similarly to the single Applications, the sharing and other features would
be available for the workflows as well.

Is there any more details that I should be concerned about when
implementing the aforementioned approach?

If we are planning to add searching capability with the workflows as well,
then we'd have to store the applications that are used in the workflows,
separately in the database as well instead of storing it as a whole.

Any suggestions/comments on the matter is highly appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Sachith Withana