airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using same Thrift server to host multiple thrift services
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 19:56:50 GMT
Introducing service multiplexing at this stage seems to be a little
problematic since thrift 0.9.1 does not have service multiplexing support
for php clients[1]. The relevant classes[2] were introduced to the thrift
trunk after the 0.9.1. release but after testing using those classes the
php client threw exceptions showing that they probably need more work on
that front.

If we enable the server with service multiplexing then the any client
connecting to that server MUST USE the service multiplexing protocol. Thus
right now only option is to differ using service multiplexing for Airavata
API and start a new thrift server for the new ApplicationCatalog thrift
service.

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-2310
2. https://github.com/apache/thrift/tree/master/lib/php/lib/Thrift/Protocol