airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Using same Thrift server to host multiple thrift services
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 15:10:35 GMT
$subject is a feature supported from Thrift 0.9.1[1]. With the intro of
ApplicationCatalog we need to provide this in order to avoid multiple
thrift servers.

In order to allow the client to distinguish each service must be uniquely
named. We have 2 main thrift services for gateways right now.
    - AiravataAPI
    - ApplicationCatalog

For now I'm going to use the same names. However I think its best we
establish the names properly if we are going to have an API segmented in to
several more thrift services like this. (eg: at the moment AiravataAPI is
governed mostly with experiment related functions). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Saminda

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-563