airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Administrative API for Airavata
Date Sat, 24 May 2014 08:39:38 GMT
Thanks Nadeem for starting a discussion this.

I see 2 perspectives for an Administrative API,

(1) Administrative API for setting up/configuring gateways:
for example,

   - adding/updating/removing/disabling a new gateway
   - setting up authentication for a gateway to use Airavata
   - setup gateway users for a gateway
   - enable/disable users/resources for a gateway
   - setup community credentials/certificates for gateway
   - etc.

Some of these can be mitigated to the gateway itself. But I do not think we
need to draw the line at this stage.
(2) Administrative API for configuring Airavata:
(we are probably not ready for this yet) I'd think this will include
managing most of the settings we have in the airavata-server.properties and
configurations supporting future implementations of load-balancing,
scaling, fault tolerance, policy management etc.