airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Validation failures and storing the failures
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 16:17:57 GMT
Hi All,

We recently added validation logics to orchestrator, so gateway developers
can add/configure their validators to be invoked. If they failed they can
wrap an error message in their validation logic and return that.
Orchestrator needs to take these error messages and store them to a
persistent storage so that if the validation failed these errors can be
showed to the gateway user to make it correct. Unless we give a proper
error message to the end user there is no way to make it correct.

Currently in the orchestrator implementation it does not store the error
but we have a proper result object which keeps the validation state and a
message.

Where should I save this information in our data model ? This is an
information specific to each invocation and there could be multiple error
messages came from multiple validators because we do not return immediately
after the first validation failure but rather we invoke all the validators
and collect all the errors (currently we just have access to them and
simply logging those errors in server side). If there is no placeholder for
these validation errors can we add something to the data model to store
them and retrieve them from the client code ?

I have added FAQ type of a document for Orchestrator[1], please provide
your feedback on this.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FOc0X6HCMZ9E-fTnZQ8aGo7tK20C8lvKlycNouswICI/edit

Regards