airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing a cache registry
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 16:04:33 GMT
Hi Devs,

In our current implementation we have large number of Experiment retrieval
and experiment storing happen in between experiment creation and experiment
completion. We do not really parse these data-model objects between
component and we simply parse the ids of these experiment so every
component has to retrieve them everytime. I think programatically this
approach looks much cleaner than parsing big objects. But to make this more
efficient we can use a cachedRegistry implementation as another
implementation of registry and make sure we do not get objects all the way
from the database.

Each component can init its own cache registry object and it will build a
cache on that module and update the cache if some other component had
changed the data-model objects. IMHO if we implement a good caching layer
on our current data-model airavata registry will be more efficient.

WDYT ?

Regards
Lahiru

--