airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC] GenApp Architecture
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 16:41:49 GMT
Hello,

I am working on integrating GenApp with Airavata. GenApp is a modular
framework for multiscale science computations. It enables one to generate
web & gui applications from same source.

I am describing the basic architecture of GenApp, with the help of the
diagram shown below:

[image: Inline image 1]

*Data Types* could be basic (int, float, double, string etc), derived (e.g.
ip address), multidimensional (vector or matrix), sets, lists etc.

*Modules *are basic processing elements which take as input list of data
types and produce an output. For example, a conversion module may take a
csv input and with saxs .dat output

*Targets *contain the logic and description for conversion of code to
targets

*Applications *are collections of modules.

The target languages currently supported are HTML5/PHP, C++/Qt3, C++/Qt4.
iOS, Adroid, Java are to be available soon.

The first part of my project will enable GenApp's HTML5/PHP language
interface to execute on Airavata.

Thanks,
Nadeem.