airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Administrative API for Airavata
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 18:22:58 GMT
Thanks for the suggestions Saminda.

I agree that we should start off by have an admin service for configuring
gateways. We would need to add functions to the thrift interface. Some of
these functions could be:

addGateway - to add a new Gaetway
updateGateway - to update details pertaining to a gateway
deleteGateway - to delete an existing gateway
disableGateway - to disable an existing gateway
reenableGateway - to re-enable a disabled gateway
authenticateGateway - to set up authentication for a gateway to use Airavata
enableUser - to enable a user for a gateway
disableUser - to disable a user for a gateway
enableResource - to enable a resource for a gateway
disableResource - to disable a resource for a gateway
setCredentials - to set up community credentials or certificates for a
gateway.

In the data models, we would need to add some structures. Some of these
could include:

gatewayData - holding all required information pertaining to a gateway,
like currentStatus (enabled/disabled), id, enabledUsers etc.
userData - holding all required information pertaining to a user like id,
enabledGateways etc.
resourceData - holding all required information pertaining to a resource,
like id, fields describing the resource, enabledGateways etc.

Thanks,
Nadeem.