airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling Application Inputs and Outputs in Airavata
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 17:59:34 GMT
+ 1.

Having all feed of a central data models is good idea.

Suresh

On May 5, 2014, at 1:30 PM, Nipun Udara <y.b.n.udara@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>

> On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Sachith Withana <swsachith@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> On May 5, 2014, at 6:34 AM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> DataObjectType is the thrift model and i plan to make changes to use the same object.
Some of these changes need to be considered in Application Catalog design.  The input/output
data types(name/value/type) need to be defined in Application catalog and passed around to
different APIs. I am going to make changes in output data model of GFAC at this point to create
object according to thrift model. This will address the current requirement to get outputs
using Airavata API. Input changes required application catalog as definition of the input/output
is coming from service descriptor.

>> Thanks
>> Raminder
>>
>> On May 3, 2014, at 8:50 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We can use the same thrrift models as it is in gfac.
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>

>>> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> While handling Output population to Airavata API from GFAC out handler (i mean
experiment.getExperimentOutputs()), I noticed we have different input/output objects at Airavata
API server and in GFAC. Airavata has DataObjectType thrift struct and at GFAC has ActualParameter
or GFacParameterDocument. To pass the inputs and outputs around, we are doing lot of type
conversions and it add unnecessary complexity to the handler code and API code. I would like
to propose and make changes to just use DataObjectType and then change GFAC and implement
API function.