airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using same Thrift server to host multiple thrift services
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 15:24:43 GMT
Hi Saminda,

I haven’t put thought on the names yet, but yes thrifty multiplexing worked well when I
prototyped it on 0.9.1. So + 1 on reusing the same server and ports.

Suresh

On May 19, 2014, at 11:10 AM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> $subject is a feature supported from Thrift 0.9.1[1]. With the intro of ApplicationCatalog
we need to provide this in order to avoid multiple thrift servers.

> In order to allow the client to distinguish each service must be uniquely named. We have
2 main thrift services for gateways right now.
>     - AiravataAPI
>     - ApplicationCatalog
>
> For now I'm going to use the same names. However I think its best we establish the names
properly if we are going to have an API segmented in to several more thrift services like
this. (eg: at the moment AiravataAPI is governed mostly with experiment related functions).
Any suggestions?