airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to run PHP Reference Gateway.
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 01:14:15 GMT
Hi Supun,

Did you try and telnet to the server to see is you are fire walled?

If you can successfully connect you should see something like:
$telnet  gw111.iu.xsede.org 8930
Trying 149.165.228.109...
Connected to gw111.iu.xsede.org.
Escape character is '^]'.

If you have any issues you should see something like:
Trying 149.165.228.109...
telnet: connect to address 149.165.228.109: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Suresh

On May 6, 2014, at 5:58 PM, Supun Nakandala <supun.nakandala@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>

> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 3:20 AM, Reagan, David Michael <dmreagan@iu.edu> wrote:
> The PHP Reference Gateway is connecting to the server correctly for me. The timeout is
set to be 5 seconds, so it shouldn’t be timing out. You can try making it longer in utilities.php
(get_airavata_client()).

> I increased the timeout period. But still I get the same error.
>

> What is your webserver environment? I’ve personally only run it from a local WAMP stack,
so it’s possible there are issues we haven’t encountered yet.

> I am using lampp on an Ubuntu 12.04
>
> Dave

and then run > php GetAPIVersion.php? It should return following

server version is 0.12.0

> You can try all other methods also from commandline.
>

> Thanks
>
> Raminder
>

> On May 6, 2014, at 3:37 PM, Supun Nakandala <supun.nakandala@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi All,
>

> I am testing the PHP Reference Gateway in my local machine. But I cannot crate or manage
experiments. When I click on those tabs I get the following error.

> Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Thrift\Exception\TException' with message 'TSocket:
Could not connect to gw111.iu.xsede.org:8930(Connection timed out [110])' in /home/supun/Projects/PHP-Reference-Gateway/lib/Thrift/Transport/TSocket.php:235
Stack trace: #0 /home/supun/Projects/PHP-Reference-Gateway/utilities.php(153): Thrift\Transport\TSocket->open()
#1 /home/supun/Projects/PHP-Reference-Gateway/create_experiment.php(21): get_airavata_client()
#2 {main} thrown in /home/supun/Projects/PHP-Reference-Gateway/lib/Thrift/Transport/TSocket.php
on line 235