airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sachith Withana <swsach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling Application Inputs and Outputs in Airavata
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 16:20:22 GMT
+1

On May 5, 2014, at 6:34 AM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:

> DataObjectType is the thrift model and i plan to make changes to use the same object.
Some of these changes need to be considered in Application Catalog design.  The input/output
data types(name/value/type) need to be defined in Application catalog and passed around to
different APIs. I am going to make changes in output data model of GFAC at this point to create
object according to thrift model. This will address the current requirement to get outputs
using Airavata API. Input changes required application catalog as definition of the input/output
is coming from service descriptor.

> Thanks
> Raminder
>
> On May 3, 2014, at 8:50 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We can use the same thrrift models as it is in gfac.
>>
>> WDYT ?
>>

>> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> While handling Output population to Airavata API from GFAC out handler (i mean experiment.getExperimentOutputs()),
I noticed we have different input/output objects at Airavata API server and in GFAC. Airavata
has DataObjectType thrift struct and at GFAC has ActualParameter or GFacParameterDocument.
To pass the inputs and outputs around, we are doing lot of type conversions and it add unnecessary
complexity to the handler code and API code. I would like to propose and make changes to just
use DataObjectType and then change GFAC and implement API function.