airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Reagan, David Michael" <dmrea...@iu.edu>
Subject RE: [GSoC] Status Update and Queries
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 21:54:32 GMT
Hi Nadeem,

resourceHostId is the machine on which the experiment is run. ComputationalProjectAccount
is the shared account on that machine which is used for all experiments initiated from the
gateway.

I'm not familiar with GenApp, so I'll defer to someone else for the rest of your questions.

Dave
--
David Reagan
Advanced Visualization Lab
Indiana University
avl.iu.edu

The Advanced Visualization Lab is part of the Research Technologies division of UITS; Research
Technologies is a PTI Cyberinfrastructure & Service Center.
________________________________
From: Nadeem Anjum [nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:06 AM
To: dev@airavata.apache.org
Subject: [GSoC] Status Update and Queries

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on integrating GenApp's PHP interface with Airavata

Starus:
I have explored and played around with GenApp codebase. I have identified the parts of the
code that needs to be executed on Airavata. To start with integrating the PHP interface of
GenApp, I have explored the PHP Client Samples codebase. I am now figuring out a way to achieve
the integration to execute GenApp on Airavata.

Query:
I am trying to run a custom experiment of my choice. I believe this will involve changing
the following parameters in createExperiment.php

/* ComputationalResourceScheduling data for Trestles*/
        $cmRST = new ComputationalResourceScheduling();
        $cmRST->resourceHostId = "trestles.sdsc.edu<http://trestles.sdsc.edu>";
        $cmRST->ComputationalProjectAccount = "sds128";
        $cmRST->totalCPUCount = 1;
        $cmRST->nodeCount = 1;
        $cmRST->numberOfThreads = 0;
        $cmRST->queueName = "normal";
        $cmRST->wallTimeLimit = 15;
        $cmRST->jobStartTime = 0;
        $cmRST->totalPhysicalMemory = 0;

I am not really sure of the significance of resourceHostId and ComputationalProjectAccount.
Please let me know what these variables are meant for and how could I run a custom experiment
of my choice.

Thanks,
Nadeem.