airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Reagan, David Michael" <dmrea...@iu.edu>
Subject RE: Transient Thrift errors
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 21:29:22 GMT
I've seen these exceptions occasionally also, but I don't have any idea what is causing them.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierce, Marlon
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 5:24 PM
To: dev@airavata.apache.org
Subject: Transient Thrift errors

Does anyone have any insight into the transient connection problems with
the Thrift server?  For example, running  PHP commandline client samples
like "php getAllUserExperiments.php marlon" a few times in a row will
eventually give

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Thrift\Exception\TException' with
message 'TSocket: Could not connect to gw111.iu.xsede.org:8930
(Operation timed out [60])' in
/.../Airavata-PHP-Client-Samples/lib/Thrift/Transport/TSocket.php:235
Stack trace:
/.../Airavata-PHP-Client-Samples/client-samples/getAllUserExperiments.php(56):
Thrift\Transport\TSocket->open()
#1 {main}
  thrown in
/.../Airavata-PHP-Client-Samples/lib/Thrift/Transport/TSocket.php on
line 235

But then it goes away.

Marlon