airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: Repo of sandbox code?
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 14:44:24 GMT
I heard no objections, am assuming lazy consensus, and am about to file
a Jira ticket with Infra. The SVN sandbox will remain available until we
are happy with the migration. We will keep our commit history.

Marlon

On 5/23/14 11:15 AM, Marlon Pierce wrote:
> If no objections or further discussion, I'll assume lazy consensus file
> the ticket with INFRA later today. I assume we don't need a vote for
> this, but others may disagree.
>

> Marlon
>
> On 5/23/14 11:08 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:
>> On May 23, 2014, at 10:59 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> What's the preferred location for sandbox code?  We still have a sandbox
>>> in the old Airavata SVN.  Seems like this is a good candidate for Git
>>> cloning and GitHub mirroring.
>>>
>>> Are there issues with having a sandbox area in airavata.git?  Should we
>>> create airavata-sandbox.git instead?
>> I think its preferable to have airavata-sandbox.git that way we don’t worry about
bundling source code which is not relevant in releases. If we go with this option, we probably
want to create a INFRA jira to clone the old SVN as the starting point and also preserving
history (which has gsoc contributions).