airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: Repo of sandbox code?
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 15:15:26 GMT
If no objections or further discussion, I'll assume lazy consensus file
the ticket with INFRA later today. I assume we don't need a vote for
this, but others may disagree.

Marlon

On 5/23/14 11:08 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> On May 23, 2014, at 10:59 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>
>> What's the preferred location for sandbox code?  We still have a sandbox
>> in the old Airavata SVN.  Seems like this is a good candidate for Git
>> cloning and GitHub mirroring.
>>
>> Are there issues with having a sandbox area in airavata.git?  Should we
>> create airavata-sandbox.git instead?
> I think its preferable to have airavata-sandbox.git that way we don’t worry about bundling
source code which is not relevant in releases. If we go with this option, we probably want
to create a INFRA jira to clone the old SVN as the starting point and also preserving history
(which has gsoc contributions).