airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: Error saving job details after remote submission
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 19:19:39 GMT
Hi Shahbaz--

Lahiru and I chatted a bit about this.  From the error dump in your link
below, you are getting the failure for inserting an XML file > 255
characters into the job_id field.  This is a varchar field in the DB
implementation, which is currently limited to 255 characters. See
modules/registry/airavata-jpa-registry/src/main/resources/registry-mysql.sql
and registry-derby.sql.

If you changed the definition of JOB_DETAIL here to use more characters,
would this solve your problem?

Alternatively, is there a smaller way for storing this info?  We were
obviously thinking that job_id would be a much smaller thing (a simple
string token for PBS, a URL for GRAM, a process ID, etc).

Marlon

On 5/16/14 10:22 AM, Shahbaz Memon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> At the BES provider side when I am try to save submitted job details through GFacUtils.saveJobStatus(jobExecutionContext,details,
JobState.SUBMITTED);