airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Need a new data model for launched experiments?
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 19:21:03 GMT
Idly wondering...experiments are the most complicated part of the
Airavata data model since a) they are stateful, and b) they are used by
other Airavata components. This has led to some of the problems in
recent Jiras.

Part of the problem, I'll guess, is that we have fields marked as
"optional" in experimentModel.thrift that are really "required" because
we need to allow a gateway to create a skeleton experiment that has the
details filled in later.

How about a new data model class, launchedExperiment, that represents
the fundamental change from a "created" experiment to one that has been
scheduled?

Marlon