airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Airavata 0.12 discussion
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 14:57:38 GMT
We've delayed the 0.12 release for some months because it represents a
significant change (using Apache Thrift for the API, a reimplementation
of the Registry, the initial design of the Application Catalog).
Significant testing  of the Thrift API has exposed lots of problems, but
we are resolving them and making progress.

It is time to begin thinking about a release again, and I'd like to see
us get back into our release stride.  Possible release dates to target:

* May 28th: the Application Catalog won't be ready but we can work
around this. This may be too soon, however, and some of us have external
constraints (a tutorial at CCGrid 2014).  Putting together the release
would be distracting.

* June 4th: preliminary application catalog should be in better shape,
release in general should be in better shape, and we will have put it
through some pretty rigorous testing.

* June 11th: Code will be in even better shape, but it is not our
release philosophy to delay.  I'd like to get back into the release
stride as soon as possible.

Thoughts?

Marlon