airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thrift service operation exception handling
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 16:50:23 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

I agree we need to have this within the data-model instead of the stubs. But did you move
the generated code? Instead we need to shuffle the thrift description for these errors accordingly.
I will be happy to make the change.

Suresh

On May 19, 2014, at 11:54 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> I moved the code to data-model and used it in orchestrator. What are we going to do with
un-used set of Exceptions ?

> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 5:58 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 to move exception classes to data-models module.
>

> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I went through the exception handling in thrift services I see we have bunch of
exception types defined in thrift and non of them are really thrown in any of the service
operations.
>     All these exceptions are stored in airavata-api-stubs module and airavata-api-server
is having a dependency to airavata-api-stubs. Having a dependency to stub from the service
is little awkward to me in web services point but I am not sure about thrift. If this is wrong
I think we have to move this common code to some other place.

> Issue comes when I try to implement orchestrator validateExperiment operation where I
have to throw an experiment defined in airavata-api-stubs and it was little awkward to have
a dependency to airavata-api-stubs from orchestrator-server and orchestrator-client. Same
exception has to be thrown by the airavata-server's launchExperiment method. I think these
exception classes and common code can go to data-models module which is shared across both
the orchestrator and airavata-server thrift services.