airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing until tests and using properties from airavata-server.properties
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 21:23:26 GMT
To add to that, the order of priority in increasing order is as follows,

   1. airavata-server.properties
   2. <external settings file> (see below how this option could be useful)
   3. system property

If you do not want to specify the settings in your java code, you may
define the settings in a property file in src/test/resources (say
"foo.properties") and when starting up the tests, update the system
property "external.settings" as follows,

System.setProperty("external.settings", "foo.properties");
(this will do an in memory merge of foo.properties file with the
airavata-server.properties file)

+1 for tests on airavata-server/client.properties. Any idea how we wanna do
this? One way I can think of is to write unit tests to test existence of
required settings in each of the relevant modules.