airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Airavata Thrift API Review - Experiment Object
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:48:03 GMT
I started working on the final distribution for the client and in order to
perform verifications I added some samples. While writing the samples (i.e.
copy pasting it from elsewhere :)) I noticed that the Experiment has
following constraints,

- An experiment input has a data type property which does not have any
relevance at the time of creating/launching
- Compulsory to setup output of the experiment at the time of
creating/launching
- Compulsory to setup scheduling information at the time of
creating/launching

These make a potential 5-6 lines of code (which is actually needed to
launch the experiment) in to 20+ lines of code (even with the supporting
util classes we have introduced). Any suggestions on usability aspect on
this?