airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Updating Experiment and Task Status
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2014 01:34:37 GMT
I added some listener classes to watch job status and to update the task
status and eventually the experiment status inferred from them. Please
track relevant JIRA task @ [1].

However this is not a complete solution. Because we cannot guarantee the
validity of the experiment/task status before and after the job life cycle.
Following are the scenarios,

  - All scenarios relating to authentication
  - All scenarios relating to data transfers
  - All scenarios relating to validation
  - When multiple Tasks or Jobs are involved per Experiment or Task

Any suggestions on how I can proceed on fixing this?

Note that I'm not considering updating workflow node statuses at the moment.

Thanks,
Saminda

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1145